Celebrating the diversity of humanity through authentic storytelling
I am a visual storyteller with varied experience ranging from digital content production to documentary filmmaking and photojournalism.
I regularly collaborate with BBC Scotland making mini-documentaries for their platform The Social and I am particularly proud of my Vanlife series that reached over 3M views on social media and was also part of the programme Outdoor Life that was first broadcast on the BBC Scotland channel in July 2020.
Also, last year I won the Bridging the Gap programme by the Scottish Documentary Institute and I filmed and directed the short documentary Against the Tide that premiered at Glasgow Film Festival in February 2021.
Prior to filmmaking, I worked for over a decade as a photojournalist sourcing innovative content, covering breaking news, and developing strong technical and visual storytelling skills.
* Confident self-shooting on location using industry-standard equipment such as C300, FS7, Alpha A7, GoPro, and understanding of basic recording techniques using lav mics and Zoom recorders.
* High standards of self-editing with Premiere as well as experience directing edits.
* Track record of finding contributors and developing relationships with new talent.
* Experience of logging, filling in consent forms and risk assessments, data wrangling as well as organising and prioritising workload to meet tight deadlines.
* Constantly generating new story ideas, creating innovative approaches to storytelling and content delivery and adapting stories to suit fast consumption on social media.
* BJTC trained journalist with understanding of legal and compliance issues and BBC code of practice.
* High standards of literacy and grammar in English and Spanish; native Italian; basic German.
* EU passport, UK settled status, full clean UK driving license.